The 12th Devizes Food & Drink Festival takes place from 13 – 22 May 2016. Here are some of the highlights.
This year’s festival offers a mix of the popular tried and tested events and a number of new features that organisers hope will make this year’s programme even more exciting and attractive than ever.
Kicking off the celebrations on Friday 13 May is a new event in collaboration with Majestic Wine. You will learn about pairing foods and wines. This takes place in the Cheese Hall. Visitors to the Market Fair on Saturday 14 May can expect more food and drink stands than ever with a bar and live entertainment as well as the opportunity to purchase tickets for the week’s events. There is also a ‘‘Bake Off’ event on 14 May. There are four categories – Under-12s, Men Only, 2016 Marmalade and an 8” Quiche. The Bake Off, which takes place at the Nursteed Centre, is a great opportunity for everyone to show how much they’ve learned from Mary Berry and Paul Hollywood and Devizes WI have kindly offered to cast an expert eye over the entries and judge the winners.
There will be an international theme throughout the week with events including:
• a French evening at the White Bear on Mon 16 May
• Gianni’s ever popular Sicilian Evening in Swan Yard on Tue 17 May
• a ‘Night in Vienna’ at the Bistro on Wed 18 May
• the ‘Bangla Banquet’ at Bengal Bites on Thurs 19 May
• an ‘Argentinian Fire Pit Hogget’ at the Black Swan on Sat 21 May
Other highlights include:
• the ‘Prohibition Party’ at Devizes Town Hall on Fri 20 May
• a return of the popular ‘Drinking in the Dark’ event at the Vaults on Sun 22 May
• ‘Bangers and a Pint’ at the Southgate Inn on Tue 17 May
• ‘Food Glorious Food’ at Devizes Books on Wed 18 May
You might find yourself spoiled for choice! Tickets are available to purchase from the festival’s online ticket shop or from Devizes Books. Some tickets may be available to purchase directly from venues themselves. A full programme of events is available on the website and you can also follow all the festival goings-on via Facebook.