Indian Spiced Mackerel
- 1kg carrots, cut into 2cm pieces
- 1 tbsp sunflower oil
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 4 mackerel fillets, defrosted if frozen
- 3 tbsp The Spice Tailor tomato, garlic & chilli chutni
- ½ cucumber, grated
- 7 tbsp low fat Greek style yogurt
- 1 lime, juice of half, half in wedges
- ½ red onion, finely diced
- 1 green chilli, deseeded and finely diced
- ½ x 28g pack coriander, chopped
Preheat the oven to 200˚C. Toss the carrots with the oil and cumin, season and spread on a foil-lined baking tray. Roast for 40 minutes, until golden. Meanwhile, rub the fish with the chutney; set aside.
Squeeze the grated cucumber to get rid of any excess water, then mix in a bowl with the yogurt, lime juice, onion and chilli; season.
Remove the carrots from the oven and heat the grill to high. Grill the mackerel for 2 minutes on each side. Crush the carrots with a fork, mix in the coriander and divide between plates. Top with the mackerel, spoon over the yogurt, and serve with lime wedges.